Writing 101: Tweet Easier

Author, blogger and friend of the blog Annalisa Crawford dropped by yesterday to talk about why Twitter matters. Now, I'm going to tell you how to make it easier to use. When I finally figured this trick out, I wanted to kick myself for not thinking of it way sooner.


Save Your Review Quotes

Many authors, myself included, send out tweets that contain snippets of reviews. If someone writes that your book is amazing, great to read, or 5 stars, it's exactly the sort of stuff you want to show off. I used to sit and work on tweets for extended periods of time, seeking out usable review quotes after combing through my Amazon and Goodreads pages. 

Then one day, inspiration struck. Why not just take the time to ferret out all the good review lines and save them in a single document? Why not add lines from new reviews as they appear, and keep this updated document handy when it's time to tweet? Why didn't I think of this before? 

I don't have an answer for that last question, but I do know this: it works. Make a document for each book, and don't forget to separate quotes to make them easy to find. Include the reviewer's name and blog, if applicable, or at the very least where the quote came from (Amazon, Goodreads, etc). Review quotes are good for tweets, but there are many other occasions when you may wish to access them.

[+/-] Show Full Post...

0 comments:

Post a Comment